Dear Members of the PIA,
The PIA staff are working from the office again, though still rotational, thus you’ll find staff there Monday to Friday between 08:00 and 15:30.
- Face to face meetings are still discouraged with staff, committee members, members and external stakeholders.
- Document sales are operational. Please call ahead or e-mail your order. We would prefer EFT or Credit Card payments and discourage the use of cash at this time.
- Kindly note that all visitors will be screened at the building entrance and again at our office.
- Meetings are mainly still conducted using Facetime, Skype or Zoom are encouraged and all other communication should be done via e-mail or telephonically.
- It is business as almost usual – Mondays to Fridays 08:00 to 15:30 and we remain committed to ensure that all enquiries are resolved and matters are addressed timeously by staff members during office hours.
- The PIA Executive Committee and Committee are presently scrutinising the PIA Budget for the 2020-2021 Fiscal. We are also awaiting information from SAIA with regards their budget. We’ll be forwarding the budget for your approval by no later than 19 June 2020.
- With regards the City of Tshwane Building Control’s “NO OPERATIONS” … We want to assure you that we are pursuing this matter and following up daily. We’ll forward you further communication very shortly. It is unacceptable that non-compliance of the public sector can hold the livelihoods of so many operating within the Built Environment at ransom and it can not be tolerated.
We are committed to keep you updated on any changes to arrangements.
Contact Details for any queries:
Telephonically: Mauneen van Wyk 083 297 4697
We wish you health and strength during this trying time.We are in this together and we’ll get through this just fine.
Please be safe out there!
Mauneen van Wyk
PIA Executive Officer