Dear Members of the PIA,
The PIA acknowledges and applauds the measures put in place by President Cyril Ramaphosa to curb the spread of Covid19 virus. We recognise the threat to our country’s varied population, to its already overburdened health system, and to its fragile economy.
We will be putting measure in place to support our members, whilst making sure that the risks to our staff members and any of our members visiting our offices are minimised.
For this reason, the PIA offices will remain open and operational, but we will be putting the following precautionary measures in place:
• We keeping our offices sanitised and secure
• We have placed hand sanitiser in the lobby for the use of our staff and visitors
• We are discouraging visitors to our offices, unless unavoidable
• We are keeping our staff members informed and aware of the risks
• Any staff members who suspect they have been exposed to the virus, or are showing flu-like symptoms will be asked to self-isolate until they have been confirmed as clear
• We have cancelled or postponed all PIA events, courses and meetings until after 14 April, at which time we will review the situation
• If meetings are held, these will be held remotely via Skype or similar platforms
• All work commitments on the different documents being prepared, will continue to be done remotely
• Travel for or on behalf of the PIA will be restricted
At this stage it is impossible to predict the course that this disease will take in our country. We pledge to ensure that we will not disseminate any unconfirmed information or spread panic. Misinformation and fear can have consequences as catastrophic as the disease itself. We are committed to keeping cautious but level-headed approach and carrying on with our work for the benefit of our members.
Should the situation arise that forces us to temporarily close our offices, we will keep you informed of any alternative arrangements at that time.
273 Tram Street | |Nieuw Muckleneuk | Pretoria | 0181
+2712 346 1051 | +2712 346 8438 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.pia.org.za