PIA BENEFITS COMMITTEE
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The PIA is a Voluntary Association looking after the interest of its members. Benefits Committee reviews the needs of our members in the profession and identifies what interventions are require to meet this demand. Five key focuses have been identified; Promoting the Profession, Growing the Profession, Representing our members, Assisting our Members, and Communicating. This list is reviewed within this committee on an ongoing bases as to address the changing needs within our profession. Members are invited to raise concerns they would like the PIA to addressed.
Promoting the Profession
1. Promoting the profession to the public
2. Promoting members and their work
3. BI -Annual PIA Awards
4. Public Exhibitions
5. Affording Member the opportunity to Uploading Projects on the PIA Website
6. Member information available to the public via the PIA Website.
Growing the Profession
7. Hosting Events, CPD events that provide a high quality of content to grow the professional
8. Building a strong PIA Community, providing opportunities for professional networking
9. Providing discounts on industry books and publications
10. Assisting and supporting students
11. SAIA membership for Professional Architects
Representing or Members
12. Representing our members in public committees and forums
13. Close liaison with SACAP on issues affecting the profession.
14. Interactions with the City of Tshwane
15. Representation on forums to protect our Architectural Heritage
Assisting our Members
16. Access to the Dispute Resolution Panel and advice from senior members
17. Access to the Practice Manual and advisory notes
18. Free access to employment advert platform and general classifieds
19. Discounts on industry contracts
20. Assistance in registration with SACAP
21. A centrally located professional office and boardroom
22. Monthly Newsletter to members and Communication with our members on a regular basis.
23. Inform members of changes to regulations.
24. Providing communication to members on important matters, via social media
Our Business Affiliates
The PIA is the second biggest architectural institute in South Africa and known as arguably the most pro-active institute, serving the needs of the entire architectural profession.
Our Mission & Values
The PIA is based in the capital city and strives to assist the professional needs of all of its members. . . .
// GET IN TOUCH
// RENT OUR BOARDROOM
// VISIT OUR ONLINE STORE
273 Tram street,
Membership is open to all registered professional architectural practitioners or those who are eligible for registration with the South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP).
The benefits of membership are vast and valuable!