The PIA is an independent voluntary organization that serves the needs of architectural professionals. Membership is open to all registered professional architectural practitioners registered or those who are eligible for registration with SACAP.
The PIA is affiliated to the South African Institute of Architects (SAIA) through which architects are represented at National and International level.
The PIA strives to uphold the dignity of the profession and to promote the discipline of architecture.
• The SAIA Practice Manual is available free of charge to Professional Architect members.
• Electronic communication with our members on a regular basis.
• Membership affords the opportunity to join the APIGIS Professional Indemnity Scheme at a reduced fee.
• A centrally located professional office and boardroom.
• A dedicated committee and friendly and efficient administrative staff.
• All PIA members are listed on the PIA website.
• Architectural Firms may be listed at a nominal annual fee on the PIA Website with a link to the firm’s website.
• Close liaison with SACAP on issues affecting the profession.
• JBCC contracts are offered to members at a special price.
• The SAIA Client / Architect agreement as well as the PROCSA agreement are available at a special members price.
• Adherence to the Code of Professional Conduct (Board Notice 28 of 2004)
• Organising & facilitation of CPD and other topical workshops and forums.
• Representation on committees addressing professional issues.
• Bi-annual exhibitions are held to promote architecture and architectural professionals to the public.
• Advice is available on practice matters by the Senior Architectural Advisory panel.
• Electronic staff placement service
• Bi-Annual PIA Award of Commendation; SAIA Award of Merit and SAIA Award of Excellence.
• Assistance in registration with SACAP.